Pathways that Harvest and Store Chemical Energy
Key Concepts of the Chapter:
- 6-1: ATP, Reduced Conezymes, and chemiosmosis play important roles in biololgical energy metabolism.
- 6-2: Carbohydrate catabolism in the presence of oxygen releases a large amount of energy.
- 6-3: Carbohydrate catabolism in the absence of oxygen releases a small amount of energy.
- 6-4: Catabolic and anabolic pathways are integrated.
- 6-5: Photosynthetic organisms use chemical energy to convert CO2 to carbohydrates